[talks-uk] Re: N86

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:34:19 -0000

Thanks.  Appreciated, as always.

Just one further clarification, if I may?

Presumably "Sim free" means unlocked to all networks. Is this correct? What about "Unbranded"? How do I know this when looking around for phones!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ibrahim Gucukoglu Sent: 21 November 2009 09:05
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi.

You won't be charged any extra for purchasing items over
the £18 mark.  Play
is responsible for purchasing the items and paying
taxes, the prices you see
on the website will be the prices you pay.  I've
purchased phones and other things costing well over £18
in the past and have never experienced a problem.
Considering play are the second-most popular retailer in
the UK, I
would think that they know how to operate a sound
business and inform customers of any changes to tax and
customs regulations.
All the best, Ibrahim.
From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DurDevil Sent: 20 November 2009 18:26
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi Darren, yes they are based there so anything over
about £18-20 purchased from there is technically a
import and so is liable for customs duties. Anything massively
over this cost and you could end up with a shock due to
extra costs. Fine for dvds and cds or anything cheap
though. Hope this helps. Cheers Pete   )
From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DurDevil Sent: 20 November 2009 17:50
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also amazon have it for same price as play. Be careful
with play as if the item is expensive you could pay
customs duty because they are overseas