[talks-uk] Re: N86

  • From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Talks-Uk Email group <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:09:46 +0000

Hi Paul

In my opinion you shouldn’t waste your time with another N96 as it sounds
like you have already spent a lot of time being patient with them - Vodafone
are usually very helpful so I'm sure they should be able to let you leave
your contract for the reasons that the others on this list have said - you
need the functions/specs that it should offer so you shouldn’t have to go
down in spec just because they cannot offer the working phone you need.

If you can get out of your contract then you should get the N86 as it has a
lot going for it and as soon as Nuance roll out support for the Internet and
email it will be amazing. Personally I've gone for the N97 as the next phone
from my N95 8GB but that is just my preference and it sounds like you would
be more suited the N86 anyways.

If you can't get out of the contract and they perhaps give you another N96
then take it, sell it on either Ebay or a recycle website (you can get
approx £150 on phone recycle sites as I just checked) and buy the Sim Free
N86 off play.com or amazon for £299 so it's only cost £150 which overall is
not bad for what you get and you can maybe get a better line rental with
Vodafone and recoup that  extra £150 anyway

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete