[talks-uk] Mono Ringtones

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:51:46 +0100

Okay, this is probably a daft question and not entirely Talks related, so
apologies.

I have a friend who has Talks on a Nokia 6260. She also has a slight hearing
problem, something to do with not being able to hear sounds with a low tone.
She finds it difficult to hear her phone as it can only play poly, real,
midi and MP3 ringtones etc. She has no problem hearing the old style mono
ringtones as they have a shriller sound. Follow me so far? My question on
behalf of her then is, I am pretty sure you can't play mono tones on the
newer handsets? Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download
versions of mono sounding tones to play on her phone - Nokia 6260? I think
the answer might be no as she says she's searched the net, but I thought it
was worth a shot.

BTW, I got the Nokia 6260 myself on my upgrade, I think just before they
disappeared from the market. Apart from the sound quality of the speaker not
being too great, the phone is brilliant and works superbly with Talks.

Barbara

Email: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: 07917710779