[talks-uk] Re: Message formatting

  • From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:16:17 -0000

Already did hun; did you miss my post?

-----Original Message-----
From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Eleanor Burke
Sent: 05 January 2011 11:59
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: Message formatting

Oh right. It is just nice to let the list know as the sharing of info helps if
someone else has a similar problem in the future.
From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/01/2011 9:56 am

Think I'm sorted now, thanks Eleanor.

From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/01/2011 9:37 pm

Thanks again.  Willco! XX

From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/01/2011 11:27 am

Hi Eleanor
I did as you suggested; shortened the text until it suddenly announced
itself as a text message again, and then it went fine.  So, while we didn't
get to the bottom of it, we did succeed!  Thanks lots for your help.  Much
appreciated.
A XX

From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/01/2011 5:38 pm

I'm on contract with Vodafone too.
Guess it must be the length.
Any ideas how I can go about splitting it into pieces without trashing it?
My editing options include copy and cut, but if I select either then nothing
happens.
Thanks for your help though.
A XX

From: "Amie Slavin" <amie.slavin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/01/2011 3:45 pm

Hi list

Not even sure if this is a useful subject line, so confused am I...

Have just spent ages writing a v long txt msg, but find, when I hit send,
that it has somehow turned into a multimedia message and my phone is
repeatedly failing to send it.  I'm assuming that I have a problem with
multimedia formats so need to make it turn back into a txt message, but
can't find any way of doing this.

Please help.  IF it was an ordinary length msg then I'd just trash it and
rewrite, but it's really annoyed me.  I don't think it's longer than other
messages I've written and sent, with no problems.

Can anyone advise me...?

Big big thanks if you can.

Amie

P.S.  I've never sent an mms intentionally; well never at all, not even by
accident, so all my settings are as per ordinary txts, as far as I can tell.
I've just checked full support, in accordance with one help tip, to stop it
converting of it's own accord, but as I've never had this happen before I
don't think it is a settings thing.  I must have somehow hit something while
writing the message, but no idea what, much less how to put it right.
Aaaaaaagh!

19:34:00

07:34:00

19:34:00