[talks-uk] Re: Is TALKS Free or not

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:05:01 +0100

Thanks Hussein. You may have seen my question on the list, why does it say Emos Win32. Is this the one for the multiple client? What do I need to do when I install it? I was following some of this thread yesterday as I was crossing Ireland by train. I know there was something to do with various settings. I think like Alex Stone, I was having a problem before when I tried to set it up in that e-mails were not leaving my Outbox nor was I receiving them though. That was when I tried it on my e71 and one could only have one mail box without having to pay for others. Any help greatly received, idiot's guide of course Hussein *smile*.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/04/2010 12:56 pm

Well, how odd!

I installed Emoze yesterday night and can confirm the free version does support multiple accounts. However, apparently there is a problem sending mail as the two mails I sent to this list have disappeared somewhere in the ether.

The only other issue I found is that there is no way to disable the auto-checking of mail (the next best setting is once every 24 hours) and there doesn't seem to be a way to manually force it to sync with the server.

_______________________________________

From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/04/2010 10:17 pm

Hi,

A free trial is definitely recommended before you splash out.

BTW, the N86 is one nice phone.  If you're using a Nokia that's a little old
now, you'll like some of the more intuitive features that it ships with.
I'm almost finished cracking the e-mail client on it which is the one fly in
the ointment for the N86.

Note: One thing to be aware of is that the Vodafone offer may only provide
you with the Standard version of Talks for free.  But unless you're going to
be doing training, etc, with it, it should suffice.

Best,