[talks-uk] Instructions for listening to the radio

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "talks list" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:25:21 +0100

I got these off the Nokia site, but they don't work this way on my N86.
I'll explain what is happening wrong at the end.

To open the radio, select Menu > Music > FM radio.

When you open the radio for the first time, a wizard helps you to save local
radio stations (network service). To set the desired frequence manually,
select Options > Manual tuning.

Listen to saved radio stations
  1.. In the radio view, select Options > Stations
  2.. Select a station from the list, press the Scroll key and select
Listen.
  3.. Change the station by scrolling left and right with the Scroll key.
This will change the station between previously saved stations. If you want
to start a station search for new stations, scroll up or down.
Return to the Home screen with the radio playing in the background by
pressing the End key.

When I press the scroll key, the only options I get are edit, move and exit.
However, when I start the radio player, it starts up by playing a station.
The left and right will auto tune to the next station and the up and down
goes to the next station in my list.  I do have to do this straight away
and, if I leave it some time or try it after a minute or two, it just goes
off.

So, Carol, I think I've only given you half an answer,.  Let's see if you
can do better.

Cheers

Barry