[talks-uk] In response to allegations on the list

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "talks-uk" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:34:13 -0000

I just wanted to bring list members up to date on this issue as I promised and hopefully close it once and for all.

On Sunday last, Barry Hughes alleged on this list that I had used his friend's TALKS upgrade allowance without her permission or knowledge. This would of course be illegal and tantamount to theft.

In response to my questions, Barry posted a message to the list from Bridie Littler confirming his allegations and that she was the friend in question. She alleges that I purchased from her A Nokia E50 with a TALKS upgrade remaining, and subsequently used that upgrade myself.

I Emailed Bridie direct and asked her to provide me with some evidence that I made such a purchase from her. I also asked that if she believed I had done this, then why didn't she contact me at the time and why were her and Barry raising the issue on a public list now without having first contacted me.

I of course refuting all such allegations. I have never purchased a phone from Bridie.

Since my Email to her last Tuesday, Bridie has failed to get in touch with me.

I have made some inquiries with Nuance via dealer, the dealer from whom Bridie received her upgrade free of charge on Nuance's instructions. Bridie informed this dealer that "A lady dealer from Ireland", Purchased a phone from her and used the upgrade. He interpreted that person to be me. This is the dealer from whom I was purchasing TALKS at the time. Bridie could offer him absolutely no evidence of a transaction between her and myself. The dealer looked back through my order history and could find no order placed on the IMEI Bridie provided. Nuance made the decision, for reasons of their own, to replace Bridie's license for her. Had I made the purchase through another dealer, then Nuance would have had access to that information and would no doubt have taken some action against me. They have not.

I have been offered no explanation for these false allegations. No evidence for the allegations has been provided to either myself or Nuance. I have received no contact from Bridie.

I keep records of all my financial transactions regarding phones and if I had been asked by Nuance, would have made these available to prove I have never purchased a phone from Bridie.

Bridie's failure to reply to my Email I find both strange and rude, and only she can say why she has failed to reply to me.

On a public list I have been accused of being both a liar and a thief. This may have damaged my personal and business reputations. I have been offered no explanation or proof for these allegations. I believe I am being reasonable when I ask both Barry and Bridie to make a full and unequivocal apology publically on this list as this is where their allegations were made and they have failed to offer any proof. They have accused me of being dishonest and this I take very seriously.

I would also appeal to the list moderator to remove these two members from the list. If this sort of behaviour is allowed to continue uncensored, then anyone on this list could make unfounded allegations against another member and that simply can't be tolerated. If these two members are not removed, then I feel I will have no other option but to remove myself from this list, as I do not wish to remain on a public list with two people who have behaved in such a manner towards me.

I would also like to inform Barry and Bridie that if they make any further statements on this public list accusing me of anything without presenting evidence, that I will be taking legal advice regarding libel.

Kind Regards

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046