[talks-uk] Re: IMAP4 Question

  • From: Georgina Joyce <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:53:22 +0000

Hi

Imap is all on the server and your connections read the folder structure
and contents from the server.  In your words, email provider webpage.

Gena

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 11:33 +0000, Howie, Sam wrote:
> Hi
>
> Apologies for the cross posting but I want to try and catch as many
> views as possible
>
> I have a question about imap4 if I set up an email account in outlook
> 2007 using imap4 and then try to set up the same email on my mobile
> phone a Nokia N96 will I se the folders from my outlook set up of from
> the email providers webmail page.
>
> Not sure if this question makes sense
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam
>

> Glasgow - Proud Host City of the 2014 Commonwealth Games

> Disclaimer:
>
> This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this
> message
>
> was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
> message.
>
> Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so
> please
>
> scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily
> reflect
>
> those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its
> contents.

Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman