[talks-uk] Help Needed With Voices

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:14:25 -0000

Hello

I have a Nokia N73 with version 3.52.6 of Talks installed. Fairly old phone and possibly of Talks but I'm a low user so it suits my needs. However I'm not getting to grips with the voice being only able to understand one in three words it speaks.

I've enquired at the cost of upgrading as I've heard the later versions voices are supposed to be better and have been told it is a £50 charge. For my low usage of the phone there is no way I could justify this so I looked for alternatives. I have TalksAloud, a speech to text application, which has several voiced including Daniel. It must be possible to load this onto the phone but I'm a little nervous at doing so without some reassurance. I guess it would be by using the Nokia PC Suite software but how would I actually pull out the voice section of TalksAloud?

Any help anyone can give me will be much appreciated.

Roger