[talks-uk] Re: Hello and info on different phones

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:01:14 +0100

Thanks Mandy. I thought that perhaps as I had left the Guide Dogs list you may
have forgotten about me. Good to hear that you are enjoying the M 97 mini. It
has some drawbacks in my opinion and I would not say it is ideal for someone
without any vision. On mine at least I cannot use the Talks Object Viewer. It
just throws me out part way through trying to label the e-mail icons for Read,
unread, has attachment, header only and Deleted. How have you got on with this?
Another very irritating thing I find is that say if I an in an e-mail and I
press soft key 2 to close it. Instead of closing it and putting me in the inbox
I can be thrown right back to the standby screen. I have to be very careful and
with a very light touch. Again for me I have a braille display called Focus
Blue. This works on all my phones except the Mini. Yet it works on the N 97.
I expect there are a few more irritating functions but these are mainly aimed
at the touch screen.
How are you otherwise? I an not very happy with GDBA at present but will spare
you the details. However, just to say that as Neela is over-weight GDBA are
threatening to remove her from me temporarily. I went to the media about this
last Thursday but after further communication with Richard Leaman withdrew the
news item. It is all a long story and more the type of thing to talk about over
the phone rather than writing it. Sometimes when something is written down it
can be misunderstood. I think you may be a client representative but cannot be
sure.
Neela and myself here in Ireland again since Thursday for 3 weeks. Weather
variable between showers and sunshine but the main thing is that it is not at
all cold. I thought of you all during the World Cup in South Africa.
Bye for now. Look forward to hearing your comments on the N 97 Mini.
Eleanor and Neela