[talks-uk] Re: Fw: Configure Talks.

  • From: "Bardia Zakeri" <bardiazakeri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:18:59 +0200

ok
To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:17 PM
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: Fw: Configure Talks.

This is on list Malculm
Subject: [talks-uk] Fw: Configure Talks.
From: "Bardia Zakeri" <bardiazakeri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21/07/2010 3:34 pm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Malcolm Parfitt" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bardiazakeri@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:57 PM
Subject: Configure Talks.

Hi

Firstly I hope you will not mind my writing to you off list but the Talks
UK
list does not accept posts from my domain.

It is possible to configure Talks not to say the name of your provider,
the
word text and the text status.

Firstly at the main standby screen do the following:

Enter the Object viewer Talks and long select.

Arrow down until Talks says Title>provider.

Press Select.

Arrow down to Role.

Press Select.

From the list of available role types choose ignore.

If you exit the Object Viewer you should find that your provider's name is
no longer spoken.

Enter some digits to bring up the telephone screen.

Repeat the steps above to suppress the provider being spoken at the
telephone screen.

Still at the telephone screen go into the Talks settings screen.

Navigate to the Dictionary tab.

Create an entry with the word text replaced by an empty string (enter
nothing as the replacement).  Ensure that this is applied for the
telephone
screen only!!

Create an application setting at the telephone screen with verbose
descriptions set to no.

Lastly create an application setting for the telephone screen with read
text
status as no.

This should vastly reduce the amount that Talks says when entering numbers
at the telephone screen.

Try the above and if you wish feel free to post them to the list.

Any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me.

Malcolm

signature