[talks-uk] Re: Firmware update

  • From: "Neil Barnfather" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:56:11 +0100

No, it is simply that you most likely have a branded 3 version of the FW,
this is the major draw back to branded phones, Nokia release the FW updates,
if you have a Nokia phone direct, or unbranded, then you get the update once
it comes out, note, only for your region, not all the regions are released
in one go.

Then once that's happen, your branded phone's carrier has to create their
own version of this FW, ordinarily this is about 8 months behind...

so try not to get them branded, most times this costs more in the outset but
works out cheaper over all, as they give you a discount most times for not
having a phone.

Neil Barnfather
WFA List Administrator
Talks List Host

TalkNav is a Nuance Accessibility and Wayfinder Access dealer / distributor,
with product activation codes delivered direct to your mailbox why not use
TalkNav today?

http://www.talknav.com <http://www.talknav.com/>
service@xxxxxxxxxxx

  _____