[talks-uk] Re: Firmware Update N96 Disaster

  • From: "ELEANOR BURKE" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 08:30:00 +0100

I've had a look again at the battery strength and it was fully charged though I thought it was not.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 21/05/2009 3:36 am

Hi Eleanor.

It is made perfectly clear in the Nokia software updater, on the software
updater support pages and when you confirm that you want to upgrade that
serious damage can be done to the phone when you interrupt power.  You
should use a fully charged battery, under no circumstances disconnect the
phone from the computer or touch it in any way whilst the upgrade is in
progress. In fact, the best thing to do when upgrading your phone is to go
grab yourself a cup of coffee and keep yourself occupied for at least 15
minutes whilst the phone does its thing.  Its most probable that you've
corrupted the flash memory in the phone, that the phone will need to be sent
off for repair and depending on the warrantee of the phone you may get
charged for any repairs if indeed it is possible.  Finally, last but not
least, never upgrade a phone if you are unsure or uncertain of the process.
Take the phone to a Nokia service centre who will do the same for you free
of charge and in a correct environment should problems occur.

All the best, Ibrahim Gucukoglu.

From: "Badger" <monty_badger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21/05/2009 3:16 am

silly question, but do you have anybody sited there? it will lose talks etc and need to be reconfigured after an upgrade. but if it's lost power during
the process, you could have done it a heep of damage.

----- Original Message ----- From: ELEANOR BURKE