[talks-uk] Re: Faulty charger, not dead battery

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:30:17 +0100

Hi Clive,

I have my uses then <Smile>.

Glad it worked.

From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Clive Pallett
Sent: 30 May 2007 22:12
To: Talks-UK
Subject: [talks-uk] Faulty charger, not dead battery

Hello everyone,

Further to my last post, I received the replacement battery for my Nokia N91
today.  I tried to charge it with my phone's charger without result.  On
impulse I phoned Steve Nutt and he suggested I try an older charger using
the N91's adaptor.  I did this and heard the beep advising me the battery
was charging.  I confirmed this with Talks, which will report the battery's
status even with the phone switched off.  It was fully charged in about four
hours.

I decided to do the same with the battery I thought was dead and had the
same result.  The phone is now running using the first battery, so now I
have a spare.  I have purchased a new charger for the phone so I don't have
to keep using the adaptor.

My advice is: If your phone is one like the N91 with a smaller pin for the
charging plug and the battery isn't charging, try using the adaptor with an
older-style charger.  It's amazing what you don't think off when you have a
problem!

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett