[talks-uk] Re: FW: Assistance with installing Talks to N 97 Mini

  • From: "Saqib" <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:18:43 +0100

Yes the arrow keys are at the bottom right.. Note your volume keys at the side can be used to arrow up and down items in the menu. To select an item just hold down the volume down key for a second.

My Twitter page is www.twitter.com/saqib1975
MSN Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/04/2010 10:54 pm

I do not know where the arrow keys are on the N 97 mini. Sorry to be stupid on this phone.

From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/04/2010 9:09 pm

Ok......

Homescreen first - if you dont like what is on it as default then you can change it and put what you like on there as shortcuds, when on there press key1 for options then scroll down to edit and use either touch or arrow keys to highlight a shortcud and key1 to open options and you have the options for selecting what goes there, once your in there its pretty intuitive but if you get stuck just shout and someone will help.

Bluetooth - this is in menu>settings >connectivity

i usually change one of the homescreen shortcuds to be a bluetooth shortcud so its easy and quick to manipulate.

Think you also asked how to open the main menu, the talks key is the menu key, in portrait layout this key is bottim left and at least on the N97 Classic it is the only actual physical key on the main screen part of the phone. Pressing once is talks key, press twice quicklly is menu key and if you press and hold it down it opens the list of currently running apps for quick switching between them.

Hth, Pete

From: "Saqib" <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/04/2010 5:36 pm

I have the N97 Mini and those instructions are very clear and more
importantly correct. When I installed Talks for the first time I used Nokia
PC Suite. I could see key one and two and I think they are clear and bold
enough for low vision users. My phone has a black background and that played
a big part in my seeing the key one and two. I just simply installed Talks
first and continuesly pressed key one until the install shield appeared.

From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/04/2010 11:17 am

Hi
I want to ask a sighted person to install Talks on to N 97 mini this
afternoon. I have put Talks and Eloquence on the mass memory in the
installs
folder. How can I instruct her what to do next please? I then want to know
something about the N 97 Mini so I can start trying to use Talks on it.
For
example where are soft keys? If I go in to a menu how do I exit out of it
again? Guess this is why I need to know where to find soft key 2 etc. Do I
need a mamual and if so where would I get one on-line? Can I register for
10
days of Talks as I have never used a trial. Guess I cannot get a 30 day
trial until after Easter. Any help on or off list would be greatly
appreciated. Many thanks.