[talks-uk] Email Clarification

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:08:09 -0000

Sorry if my messages regarding Email today have been consufing, but I'm
confused myself and wondering why I bothered at all! Just to clarify:

I haven't tried setting up the Email with Vodafone yet. If anyone is using
O2 Pay & Go, then you can't download your Email from another provider EG,
BT, Tiscali, AOL etc. However, you can send Emails but only by creating a
Multi-Media Message and inserting an Email address instead of a number. You
first need to have the Email address saved in your Contacts List as you can
only type in numbers in this box. However, when the Email arrives, the
recipient has to go onto the internet to retriev it, so it is a bit of a
long winded way and a text would be a lot quicker unless what you are trying
to send is a picture, sound clip or video clip.

Hope this makes it a lot clearer if there are any other O2 customers out
there thinking about Email. Apologies if this has gone slightly off topic.

Barbara

Email: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: (Voice call) 07917710779