[talks-uk] Re: E51 query

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:52:01 +0100

OK Yvonne, do the following.

1. Open a new message on the E90. When the new message opens you should be
in the to field.
2. Press the Hash key repeatedly until Talks says (numbers). The Hash key is
the key that is on the left side of the zero key on the numbers pad.
3. Now if you start typing you'll find that you're typing in numbers. That's
it, it's done. As well, from now on every time you open a message the phone
will be set to type in numbers in the to field of a text message.

Two more things worth mentioning. Generally speaking, pressing the Hash key
repeatedly cycles between the letters mode, dictionary mode and numbers
mode.

In the to field of a text message you can type a contact name instead of
their number and the message will be sent to that contact. E.g. if I'm
sending you a message, in the to field, I'd type (yvo) and the phone will
find your number in my contacts and send the message. If I have more than
one name that starts with yvo, the phone will give you a list of recipients
to choose from.

Hope that helps a bit, and sorry if you already know all of this but I'm not
sure how much you know about mobile phones.

Cheers,
Amro