[talks-uk] Re: Deciding between the Nokia 5800 & N97

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:00:30 +0100

So what's the best way to get your hands on an IPhone for long enough to test drive but to give back if you really don't find you can make it?

Carol

From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 25/08/2010 2:46 pm

Hi Hussein,

I would recommend the N97 Mini over the N97, simply because it has more internal memory. The N97 is apt to crash somewhat, unless you really don't
install much to internal.

From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 22/08/2010 10:40 pm

Hello,

I realise this is something which has probably been discussed on here
many
times, but I would nevertheless appreciate some of your collective
thoughts.

I would like to get myself a touch phone, however following my disastrous and short lived relationship with the Nokia X6 i am struggling to find
anything decent amongst the touch range.

I have been thinking of choosing either the Nokia 5800 or the Nokia N97 as these seem to have the best feature sets out of all the Nokia phones I
have
looked at on the web, and also they are very amenable to having their firmware tweaked and modified, which is something I'm definitely into. If
were to buy either of these phones, it would probably be from eBay, at a reduced price, so that if I should inadvertently brick the phone beyond repair, it would not be such a major loss. However, it would also be nice
have a touch phone that I can just play with, and it might even become my
second everyday work phone.

I note that the N97 has a higher specification camera and a larger screen,
but
I would be interested to know how the two phones compare in terms of usability, both in terms of comfort and accessibility. Also, if you have any comments or tips for either of these phones, I would be very grateful to
receive them.

I have ordered both of these phones from Nokia on trial, however they
will
not be here for several days. I would like to have at least made a tentative decision in my mind by the time they arrive, so I can then go ahead and
finally source the phone on which I eventually decide.

Thank you in advance for your help,