[talks-uk] Creating a new folder in File manager

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Talks-UK" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:17:46 +0100

Hello fellow Talks users,

I don't know if the following problem is just with the N91, but I'll detail it here and you can try it on your phone. This is assuming you have the latest version of Talks installed.

When writing texts, you can select a special character by pressing the star key (*) and Talks will speak them as you scroll through the list. this is also true when creating a new folder which may have a special character, such as a hyphen (-) in the name. Now, go into File Manager and select Options, New folder. Try typing in a folder name which has a special character, for example, Talks-UK to store messages from the Talks-UK mail list. On my phone, when I press star to bring up the character list, Talks doesn't say anything and I have no idea which character I have selected as they are not spoken as I scroll through them. I would be happy to hear from anyone on the list with your observations on this matter and whether the same happens on your phone, regardless which model, so long as you are running Talks 3.20.1. thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett