[talks-uk] C5

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:53:50 -0000

I got a C5 from Vodafone and decided to put Talks 5 Premium on it. This rendered the phone useless for dialling out. However it was possible to receive calls and to send and receive text messages. Anyone had such a problem? I am not able to put Talks Premium on several bran new Vodafone phones. Now my only alternative has been to send the phone away to Vodafone to put Talks Standard on it.

I noted Adrian had a query re the C5. While I cannot answer Adrian's question, I must just comment that 2 people I know who have the C5 are not able to access their Contacts. When they attempt to go in to contacts they are thrown back to the standby screen. This actually happened to me too but not with Contacts but with Profiles. I am beginning to wonder how good the C5 is with Talks. A friend purchased from the RNIb and interestingly her Fjirmware is or was not as up-to-date as my firmware with the Vodafone. Maybe the problem I am having re phone calls out is causing Talks to conflict with the updated firmware on the C5. However my friend with the oldver version of firmware is having this problem whereby she can no longer access the Contacts. Her's is an unbranded phone having been purchased through RNIB.