[talks-uk] Re: Are there any advantages in installing the latest Talks to N82 phones, and if so, are there implications for KNFB reader?

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 21:17:30 +0100

Hi Alexander,
As far as the release note goes, the Zooms improvements are supposed to be for fifth edition phones only. In fact, Talks 5.01 now makes it possible to use Zooms on fifth edition phones. The N82 is not a fifth edition phone. As for your second question, I can't see why it will cause any problems, as both programs aren't related to each other apart from providing accessible information; one being the screen reader and the other to read printed information that would otherwise be inaccessible.
Hope this helps.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Klango: chrishallsworth
If you have any computer problems or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on the above channels. Many thanks.

On 04/08/2010 21:13, Alexander Shannon wrote:
Hi all,

Both myself and my wife, Carol have N82 phones.  I have
Zooms running on my phone as well as Talks, and Carol has
KNFB Reader installed on her phone.

I've got a couple of questions though:

1.  I'm thinking of installing the latest Talks release on
my N82 as it looks as if there will be improvements in Zooms
I can take advantage of, am I correct?

2.  I want to be certain before suggesting to Carol that she
upgrades her Talks (with my help), that there won't be
problems with her KNFB reader.

Alexander Shannon