[talks-uk] Re: 2G versus 3G

  • From: "Neil Barnfather" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:27:30 +0100

Additional, I didn't explain the battery drain reason.

2.5G bands tend to operate on the 900MHz band width, whereas 3G tends to be
up near 1800 / 1900 / 2100MHz, thus double the power massively eating into
your battery.

This is also why when using 3G your ear get's hotter than when not, you're
effectively quite literally frying or cooking your ear.

In the UK Vodafone and O2 use the 900MHz bands for 2.5G yet Orange and
T-Mobile use 11800MHz fore their 2.5G coverage, this is why again if you use
a T-Mobile or Orange phone they get hotter when in use and personally I
found I got more head aches when using ~Orange, which I did for a brief
period.

Now I stick with O2 or Vodafone and this keeps the phone cooler and my head
aches are better.

Neil Barnfather
WFA List Administrator
Talks List Host

TalkNav is a Nuance Accessibility and Wayfinder Access dealer / distributor,
with product activation codes delivered direct to your mailbox why not use
TalkNav today?

http://www.talknav.com <http://www.talknav.com/>
service@xxxxxxxxxxx

  _____