TalkSerotek: Re: using a mic

  • From: Joseph Nikodem <joenick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:18:14 -0500

Hello All,
.
I seldom post here but just couldn't help myself today. I learn more listening than speaking and believe me I need to do a lot of listening.
.
Now for the microphone thing. When I was using a microphone with the round plug that went into the microphone input I could hear through my computer speakers what the microphone was picking up unless I unplugged the mike. After a while I wanted something a little better and went with a USB desk top microphone made by logitech. It resembles the old style desk microphones that we used in the 70's and 80's with our CB rigs. It had to be set-up only once and that is it. It is also louder than other microphones and you do have the full adjustment range in the settings that you can and must access to set-up for the USB mike instead of the other style mike.
.
I also did use a headset but it was not a USB unit. It had two of the round type jacks, one for the headset and the other for the built in boom microphone which was attached. With that unit I had to unplug the microphone cord when I was not using it. So what the hell am I saying here? From my experience you will not hear what you are saying into the mike through your headset or speakers with a USB input device as far as I can see. By the way I can't see too dam far anyway, that is why I bump into walls.
.
Smile, and Merry Christmas,
.
Joe