TalkSerotek: Re: thinking of upgerading to IE 7

  • From: James Aldrich <jkaldrich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:03:05 -0400

Hi Rosemarie,

I agree with you about the Schwans site, it works well with System Access!

Right now, Internet Explorer eight is the latest version now! I wouldn't worry about the old Jaws, just go with System Access all the way! My laptop is two years old and I put IE8 on it recently! It works very well with System Access! Window Eyes 7.01 has some issues but System Access works well! I'd recommend IE8 if it were me! It is out of beta now! If you find you need JFW later, I'd consider it or Window Eyes for that matter if braille support is an issue. Then again, I'd check out the BC640 Alva display or the Handytech display which works without specific drivers tied to a specific screen reader! You know your needs better than I do but if I were making the decision, I'd go with System Access only for now since it will give you ninety percent of what you will need to do with your PC and you will get more bang for your buck! That's as I see it and this is strictly my opinion!

For what it is worth!

Jim

Talk-Serotek Archives ar at: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/