TalkSerotek: Re: Installing Avast

  • From: "Don" <n5gbi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 08:48:52 -0600

Yeah, that's my problem, I have all so only installed on XP, haven't tried vista yet. ----- Original Message ----- From: "nancy denny" <nanden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:12 AM
Subject: TalkSerotek: Re: Installing Avast

Peter, are you installing from within Internet Explorer? You need to install Avast in Internet Explorer, not the sam.net browser. When I installed it from Internet Explorer, there were the usual dialogs asking me whether I wanted to run or save the file, and I chose run. Also, there is the installation. You don't choose skins. Or if you do so, change that in program settings later. Try rebooting. If Avast is installed, it should show up on your desktop as an icon. I am not the best person to help, as I have XP myself, not Vista.

Nan

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/

Subscribe/Unsubscribe: //freelists.org/list/talk-serotek
or by sending a message to talk-serotek-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in
the subject line, or unsubscribe in the subject line.

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/