[tabi] Re: why so many pedestrian accidents; was Re: pedestrian/auto accident report yesterday

  • From: "Daniel Ben Moshe" <danielbenmoshe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:13:49 -0400

I also think that there is a problem with identification.  For example here
in south Florida there are many hit and runs.  Especially when the driver
knows that they have hit a Blind person.  They know that the burden of proof
will be on the person who is hit at the time, and again, if there are not
any witnesses, the mater goes unsolved. Times are very tough for Blind
people right now, and we as a community must do things that protect us, as a
community.  There are major problems with job security, housing, trying not
to get killed just walking down the streets, being taken advantage of by
people, who feel it as their duty to run us down, at their will. We are
living in very different times then those who are older then us, and people
are not as nice.  And they are very careless, about other things, much less
Blind people. Although it is not something I would do.  I believe that Joe
might have a point.  He is doing something that fits his needs for the
moment.  And we all ought to take a look, at what works for us as a
community, and as individuals. As people get more detached from reality with
their cell phones, and IPods, and head phones, things are only going to get
worse. We need to be able to function within these guide lines, because as I
said before.  Other people are not going to stand up for us, if we are not
for ourselves.  The great Rabbi Hillel said " Who will be for us, if we are
not for ourselves."  We don't need to be afraid, or fearful, but we do need
to pay attention to things, not expecting people to care, or watch for us.
We are living in a very selfish age. Just my thoughts.

I'm glad to be your humble and obedient servant,

Zechen Elder Daniel Ben Moshe,
B'ni Yahshuah Synagogue Of Broward County,
www.theblindcansee.org
Choose ye this day whom you will serve.  If YHWH be Elohim, then serve him,
with all of your heart.  However, if Baal be your god, then serve him.  As
for me, and my house.  We choose to serve YHWH!

The late Bishop Joe O Patterson told a story long ago, when I was a small
child.  about the show down, between Elijah, and the 450 false prophets of
Baal. He shared with us how Elijah, stood, and told the false prophets to go
on ahead,and call their god first.   Because they had a much larger program.
He talked about how they had 450 participants to introduce. Elijah was so
sure of YHWH, he with confidence said, that he only had one.  Elijah also
reminded them, that they had to drag their fake god up the mountain side on
an ox cart.  Elijah also announced to the world, that his Elohim would be
there when he arrived.  He said mockingly, you go on ahead.  Heck, I will
even let you have prime time.  I'M going to take a nap, and when you guys
finish your foolishness, wake me up.  Go ahead now, take your best shot.
Bishop Joe O Patterson
A blessed memory
1963-1989

  _____