[tabi] why so many pedestrian accidents; was Re: pedestrian/auto accident report yesterday

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:13:43 -0400

I'm curious what local blind pedestrians think:  is this number of
pedestrian-related accidents just what's normal?  Or is it high because
law enforcement aren't doing their job in prosecuting and publicizing
it, when a pedestrian is hurt?  Or are they doing their job well enough,
and we've just got a lot of bad, distracted, drivers out there?
Possibly made worse by allowing things like rights on red?

Behalf
>Of Darla J. Rogers
>Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:03 PM
>To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tabi] Re: pedestrian/auto accident report yesterday
>
>Dear Sila,
>
>Very well-put, Sila; I wish we could take over a major thoroughway in
the
>city and let the general public feel what it is to have barriers we
face
>every day they seem not to be cognizant of, despite our educational
>efrforts, but I refuse to stay home; I'm going to do what I need to do
being
>extra cautious, of course.
>
>Darla & Precious Roxy
>
>P.S. Joe:  I know the Lighthouse would be thrilled to help you with
your
>skills which may help you regain your confidence.

transit
>>> in