[tabi] Re: to all state, county, and city employees

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:50:26 -0400

Many thanks for the helpful info, Chip!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chip Orange
  To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:26 PM
  Subject: [tabi] to all state, county, and city employees

  Hi all,

  If you use Capitol Health Plan as your health insurance, state employees (at
least) have just been notified that they will no longer cover prescriptions
from Walgreens, as of July 9.  I believe it's January 1 if you're getting CHP
coverage through Medicare.

  You will need to move your prescriptions on file with a walgreens pharmacy to
 a caremark participating  pharmacy, which should be listed at
http://www.caremark.com

  I believe CVS is one such pharmacy, and they do offer a mail refill service
for "maintenance" medications.  Unlike Walgreens however, they will not
automatically contact your doctor's office with a refill request for controlled
substance prescriptions.

  This is very short notice, so I thought the sooner everyone knew, the sooner
you could begin to make other arrangements.