[tabi] the TABI contributor contest!

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:33:08 -0400

hi all,

Allison says TABI needs to be made more interesting, without allowing it to
just fill up with everyones chit-chat, which would be overwhelming to a lot
of readers.

so, here's a contest she mostly designed:

she'll pick out a prize, worth no more than $20, each quarter.  I'll put the
name of any one who contributed anything of particular interest into a hat
for the quarter (and I'll let you know right then on TABI that a given post
was good enough to go into the hat).  at the end of the quarter we'll draw
and send or deliver the prize to the winner (and announce it of course).

meeting announcements are of course very welcome, but don't really count as
being of particular interest; neither do "I agree" and other such friendly
communications.

For this quarter, which began October 1, I think William, Lynn, Robert, and
Erica's info on StarMetro issues will start the hat off.

Allison says the prizes will always be something new (no used recycling),
and she'll try and make them something useful to blind people (such as sock
clips), but is open to suggestions.

thanks everyone for your posts!