[tabi] new version of my Window Eyes MS Word script

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:14:21 -0500

Hi all,

if you're a user of both window eyes and MS Word, you may want to know
I've released a new version of my MS Word script.  It's available from
the GW micro site by choosing their "script central" link.

As well as speaking additional paragraph formatting information as you
navigate through a document, it now speaks column titles (a.k.a.
headers) in Word tables as you change cells.

It follows the browse mode verbosity for tables settings in the Word set
file, so that it will only speak headers if the row has the header
attribute of a Word table, or you can force it to treat the first row as
a header row.  You can set it to speak any time you change cells, or
only when you change columns.

It should make navigating large Word tables much more intuitive. Further
table enhancements for Word should follow soon.

If you aren't aware, GW has released an additional macro for Word, which
lets you navigate a document by the elements it contains, just as it
works in an internet web browser.  This is called Word Nav, and can be
downloaded from script central as well.

enjoy,