[tabi] Re: need some help with time settings

  • From: "K4NKZ Jim" <k4nkz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:12:22 -0400

thanks! I am sending this at 6:12:M
----- Original Message -----
From: Chip Orange
To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 5:10 PM
Subject: [tabi] Re: need some help with time settings

Jim,

it looks to me, from reading your email header info, that your time zone may be
off on your pc.  it thinks it's the right time, but it thinks you're in a
timezone in California.

If you've got windows xp, go into the control panel, and choose the date and
time choice.

this is a dialog with 2 tabs, and you need the second tab, the one for
timezone.  so, just press control tab to move yourself to the second tab.

in here just keep pressing the tab key until you find the timezone list box,
and see if it is set to something other than Eastern time, U.S./Canada (which
is what you need).

I think you'll find it's Pacific time, and so pressing up arrow 3 times should
take you to eastern time.  press ok and you should be set.

It's a slightly different choice in the control panel if you're using vista,
and I can't remember for certain what it is, you'll just need to check under
"date", and if it's not there, under "time", until you find it.

hth,

 (Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
reflect those of the Florida Public Service Commission.)