[tabi] Re: my object to Nova 2010

  • From: "blindwilly" <blindwilly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:50:13 -0500

Erica,

Even with the audible signals, crosswalks and extra time programming, getting across Capital Circle and Mahan is dangerous. It is always going to be a dangerous world out there and some crossings should be avoided at any cost. That intersection especially has turn outs and islands and just surviving it deserves a gold star.

I like to pick my battles. Some of the posters here have said, if we don't get it all then they should not do anything until it is all right. Believe me covered shelters are not a part of ADA. We need to focus on the possibility and not talk about sue or they will build a wall between us and them and we will not have any line of communication to take advantage of us.

William

----- Original Message ----- From: <ericamccaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On
Behalf
Of Lynn Evans
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 7:21 PM
To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are correct in saying there are no guarantees when it comes to
life.
it
is a crap shoot. A person steps out boldly from the curb of life
with the
mobility skills we have and takes their chances. You are asking for a
guarantee for city services? You mean like the electricity want
never go
out? The water will never be turned off? The trash will always be
picked
up?

Look at the changes Star Metro has made to their plan so far. We
asked
for a
route description and they gave it to us. Robert asked for the
Village
Square change and they did that.

Let us not do a "Blackjack" here and tell Star metro if they want
play by
our rules then we will not play,. the intersections where the
transfer
points are, need to be made as safe as humanly possible for
EVERYONE.
This
is what we need to tell the city commission.

It scares me to tell anyone, what I can't do. That puts me in a
vulnerable
position in their eyes.

We need to work with Star Metro or we are going to be left on the
curb as
the bus passes us by.