[tabi] Re: how to email all city commissioners

  • From: "blindwilly" <blindwilly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:28:27 -0400

Chip,

I was at the TD meeting yesterday and even though it is not directly the fixed
rout system, we did take time to talk about it.   The change in South Wood was
based strictly on the numbers.   Anyone can complain, but, you know numbers and
that is all that they have to go on and not people's personal wishes.

    From: Erica

        From: "City of Tallahassee" <City_of_Tallahassee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: October 14, 2013 at 11:51:42 AM EDT
        To: <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: City of Tallahassee News Release - StarMetro Proposes New
Express Service to SouthWood

              City of Tallahassee News Release

              Communications / City Hall / Tallahassee FL 32301 / 850.891.8533

              StarMetro Proposes New Express Service to SouthWood

              Red Hills Express Would Offer Greater Convenience to Commuters -
Residents in SouthWood may soon have a quicker and more direct way to travel
between home and downtown via StarMetro. Today, the transit agency announced
plans to combine portions of two of its existing routes serving the SouthWood
area into one direct route called the Red Hills Express. The proposed service
change, which goes before the City Commission on Oct. 23, would allow customers
to travel between the two major destinations in as little as 30 minutes with no
transfer.

              In order to gain feedback from area residents and commuters on
the proposed express service, StarMetro planners will hold a public meeting on
Thursday, Oct. 17, from 12 to 3 p.m. at Shuster's Café, located at 4055
Esplanade Way.

              If approved by the City Commission, the new Red Hills Express,
which includes a stop on Magnolia Dr. near Governor's Square Mall, would begin
on Monday, Nov. 4.

              'By combining the SouthWood portions of the Red Hills and Tall
Timbers routes that overlap, we can distribute our resources more efficiently,'
said Ivan Maldonado, director of StarMetro. 'As a result, we can provide a
direct, express route from SouthWood to downtown -- giving residents and
commuters a faster and more convenient service.'

              The Red Hills Express would offer a high level of service during
the typical travel times of commuters. The service would provide eight trips
during the day -- four trips during the morning and four trips during afternoon
peak travel times.

              With the proposed express service serving the SouthWood area, the
existing Red Hills and Tall Timbers routes would be combined into a single Tall
Timbers route. Proposed changes are available for viewing on the proposed
system map (PDF).

              For more information about StarMetro services, please call
891-5200 or visit Talgov.com/starmetro. Other ways to view information include
liking StarMetro's official Facebook page at Facebook.com/starmetrotransit or
following the organization on Twitter at Twitter.com/ridestarmetro.

              Contact: Brian Waterman, StarMetro Planning, 891-5564; Sandra
Manning, Utility Marketing, 891-6175; or Heather Teter, Department of
Communications, 891-8533

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image