[tabi] Re: financial assistance for those with disabilities (other than SSI/SSDI)

  • From: Aliqurani <aliquraini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 17:50:16 -0400

I strongly appreciate that.
All the best for you. Thanks a lot Chip.

Ali Al Quraini
IR Graduate student.
The great leaders who are great communicators

On Sep 1, 2015, at 4:31 PM, Chip Orange <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You’re welcome Ali.

I’m sure others on this list could also offer useful tips to help with the
finances of someone having trouble making ends meet.

Good luck.


Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission
Computer Systems Analyst

From: tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tabi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Aliqurani
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 8:44 AM
To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tabi] Re: financial assistance for those with disabilities (other
than SSI/SSDI)

Good morning Chip,
Thank you so much for your helpful information. I moved to New Jersey state
at Rutgers University Newark with my family and the here is very expensive.
Thanks a lot.

Ali Al Quraini
IR Graduate student.
The great leaders who are great communicators

On Sep 1, 2015, at 8:21 AM, Chip Orange <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Below is info from a recent governmental disability newsletter, specifically
covering the topic of where to obtain additional financial assistance other
than SSI/SSDI, when you have a disability:

What financial assistance programs are there for people with disabilities
living on a fixed income? When living on a fixed income, financial assistance
from public and private sector programs makes a difference. Find help with
home repairs and modifications and assistance with avoiding foreclosure. You
may wish to apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
benefits in your state to help pay for groceries Keep the lights and heat on
with help paying for your gas or electric bills through the LIHEAP Program.
The federal Lifeline Program provides discounted phone service to millions of
eligible consumers. Find your state on this map to find wireless and home
phone companies that can help. Your local Community Action Agency may also be
able to connect you to programs and organization that provide financial
support. Remember that government grants usually go to organizations, not
individuals – it’s better to visit sites like those listed on USA.gov for
personal financial help. Additional information on financial assistance
programs is available in Disability.gov’s Guide to Financial Help for
Low-Income Individuals and Families.
Where can I get help paying my rent? You can find information about programs
that help renters find affordable housing on the U.S. Department of Housing
and Urban Development’s (HUD) website. Conduct a low-rent apartment search in
your state to find available housing and get contact information for rental
offices. These types of apartments receive government funds in exchange for
lower rates charged to low-income tenants. To qualify for rental assistance,
you can’t earn more than the income limit. Your local Public Housing Agency
can provide you with information about housing choice vouchers. Get advice on
renting from a HUD-approved housing counseling agency. In addition to
services provided by HUD, your state may also offer local rental assistance
programs. Learn more about available housing assistance in Disability.gov’s
Guide to Housing and by visiting Disability.gov’s Low Rent Housing & Public
Housing Vouchers section.
I live in a rural area that doesn’t have a lot of public transportation
options. Where can I find accessible transportation? Finding accessible
transportation, public transportation, paratransit or other transportation
options can be a real challenge for people with disabilities, especially
those living in rural areas. Call your state’s 2-1-1 Information Line for
information on local accessible transportation. This free and confidential
service connects you to essential services in your community including
transportation. Your local Independent Living Center may also be able to help
you look into available transportation in your area. Veterans with
service-connected disabilities who need transportation to medical facilities
can find assistance through the Disabled American Veterans nationwide
volunteer transportation network. Use the DAV Hospital Service Coordinator
Directory to find contact information for your local DAV transportation
program. Check out Disability.gov’s Guide to Transportation for more



Other related posts: