[tabi] buying a mobile wi-fi service

  • From: Lynn Evans <austin.evans60@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:19:41 -0400

I think we may have talked about this topic back in May.  I am looking into
purchasing a mobile WI-FI hotspot for my I Pad. Right now I just can’t manage
paying for a cellular account with AT&T at maybe $30 a month.

My way of understanding this technology is I broke it down into 2 parts; the
hardware or base unit and the data plan.

I am hoping this will be cheaper than a cellular plan. I would own the mobile
unit. I would only use the data plan when the tap is on so to speak so I
wouldn’t have to pay anything when not in use.

I am still trying to get a grasp on the terminology. If I buy the base unit
from a retail store it would be up to me to choose a data plan.  This is
provided I don’t purchase  the unit from Verizon or AT&T or another provider.

Buying the base unit may be the easy part. I found one on buy.com today for $29
marked down from $79.

The hard part would be to choose the data plan.  It would be nice to  just go
to “Data plans are Us”.

So to you who are knowledgeable about such things I invite you to put forth
your best arguments on this topic.