[tabi] Re: braille signage at all star stops

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:39:43 -0400

It's good there will be braille signs.

Unfortunately, someone made the decision to rotate the entire line of
characters 90 degrees so that it runs "down" the pole, making it very
difficult to read (especially so for anyone with the slightest of
mobility impairments, as you must rotate your wrist/arm 90 degrees).  In
my opinion it would have been much better to rotate each letter 90
degrees (as is commonly done with printed signs) and stack the letters
one beneath the other.

If you want to see the difficulty I'm speaking of, just take a braille
book or page and hold it up to a wall 4 or 5 feet off of the ground, and
rotated 90 degrees so that you read the braille from top to bottom.
Then try and read a line with one hand and you'll see the unnatural
position/motion required to read it.