[tabi] Re: article for tomorrow's Democrat: Sidewalk construction for Nova2010

  • From: "Barbara Lineberry" <bkblpp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 20:43:22 -0500

Hi Darla and Precious Roxy,

I'd seen you'd mentioned holding out your cane to be more visable to drivers.
I remember one time crossing Apalachee Parkway at Paul Russell Road (one of the
very few times I've had to cross by walking).  I went with the light, but the
light changed before I could get across and a car honked at me to get a move
on.  I glared at him and tapped his car with my cane and he threatened to sue
me and ranted the rest of the time I was crossing.  It was very scary.  I admit
I shouldn't have hit his car, but it was so obvious that I couldn't move
faster.  I hope also that grant monies may be found and that the things that
Mimi mentioned can happen too, but the problem is always money and/or people in
power who won't do what they should.