[tabi] Re: article for tomorrow's Democrat: Sidewalk construction for Nova2010

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:55:10 -0500

Good morning,
It is my understanding, that all new road and building construction has
guidelines regarding sidewalks and accessibility. The 3 new buildings out at
Capitol Circle Office Complex all have beautiful, wide sidewalks, domed
indicators and wheelchair curb cuts. Additionally, all the new roadway
construction along Capitol Circle has new sidewalks. This is so ironic for me.
In a conversation I recently had with someone I'm writing an article about, he
sited such issues as this that we should consider when we get bogged down and
think that the ADA has accomplished nothing. So, I guess I said all that to say
we have a long way to go but we sure have come a long way!
Take care, Sila