[tabi] Re: Your opinions needed from StarMetro

  • From: Erica <ericamccaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brian.Waterman@xxxxxxxxxx, mccaulo@xxxxxxx, jplescow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:46:15 -0500 (EST)

As to Chip's comment: While I concur that it is logical to being by looking at
locations which attract a disproportionate number of blind people (the
Lighthouse, FSU, etc.), I think we shoud prioritize based on actual requests. I
think this is necessary to differentiate the mode by which blind people reach
these destinations. If a door-to-door service (private car, cab, Dial-a-Ride)
is used, then the actual need for audible signals may be much less than if
people use the city bus. Conversely, there may be a location(s) which does not
attract a large number of blind people, but attracts a few blind people
regularly who arrive via bus; we don't want to underrepresent this group.

I concur with the suggestion that Adams & Tennessee by demoted in priority in
favor of both a) Mahan Dr. and Magnolia Dr. and b) Seventh Ave. and Monroe St.
I personally consider both of these later intersections of particular concern,
even though I am a "high partial".

Thank you to all who are contributing to making the bus system increasingly
more usable.
Erica McCaul