[tabi] Your United Way LifeSaver Update

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:59:15 -0500

Here's the latest from your community partner ... United Way of the Big Bend. Read these stories and more at www.uwbb.org.

Join UWBB, the "Soup Nazi" as seen on NBC's Seinfeld TV Show (Larry Thomas), and our community for the 2nd Annual "All Souped Up" Soup Lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 22 at the DoubleTree Hotel. Fifteen local restaurants will showcase their favorite soup and a bottomless bowl is only $10. You can also get an autographed photo with the "Soup Nazi" and a special-edition "LIVE UNITED or No Soup For You!" T-shirt for $10 each. For details on how to register today, visit www.uwbb.org.

Get your taxes prepared and filed for FREE! Let the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program's trained preparers maximize your refund, and check for other credits and deductions. For site locations, dates, times, and a checklist of what to bring, visit theBESTproject.org.

Your partnership with United Way of the Big Bend is an investment in your community that produces positive results today and strategic solutions for the future. We continue to work with people like YOU throughout the Big Bend to improve lives and strengthen communities.

We appreciate what you do to LIVE UNITED!

Thanks for being a LifeSaver,
Roger Luke
Vice-President of Communications
United Way of the Big Bend