[tabi] Re: What is the lighthouse of the big bend trying to hide

  • From: "Jennifer.borton" <jennifer.borton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 07:51:04 -0400

Hi Michael good for u

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2015, at 7:34 AM, Brittany Brearley <babygirl20091991@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Michael,

I thank it is great that you spoke up regarding the false information
based on you and your company. A person's information, no matter
whether it is true or false, should not be put into the public without
him or her doing so themselves.

On 9/10/15, Michael <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robert, I am not sure why you continuously mention my name or that of any
other individual in your posts prior to seeking out true & correct
information. I have no idea where you are obtaining your information, but
I'm sorry to inform you that your source is wrong. your statements are
blatant attacks on myself and my company, and you have once again managed to
turn issues that concern the entire Tallahassee Blind & Visually impaired
community into your own personal pity party.

My company does provide assistive training technology. My company does not
have a contract with the Lighthouse nor have we ever. Should they offer the
opportunity at some point in the future, we would be happy to accept.

I have not been an employee of the Division of Blind Services for over 4
years. At that time, HIMS' products were inferior to Humanware technology,
but that is no longer the case. Despite my opinions on quality I have never
had any control over client choice. The final purchasing decision has always
belonged to the Client not Michael Elliott.

I rarely respond to your offensive attacks, but the amount of misinformation
in this particular post is unbelievable. I understand that you will reply to
this message with additional negative and unfounded comments. However, this
will be my one and only statement regarding this topic.

#1 This organization has progressed to the point where it would benefit
from the services of paid, short term (maximum four years board members)
with some pre-determined qualifications.

#2 As many others have stated, and I believe was bottom line to my
resignation issues, Barbara's position needs to be replaced by two
separate individuals with separate and distinct responsibilities - one for
fund raising, and one for staff development.

#3 I realize with my resignation from the Board, I have chosen to not
keep up with issues at Lighthouse. In some ways I regret this; in many
ways, perhaps excuses, I understand and accept my decision of removal, as
I hope many of you will also; like so many life decisions, perhaps it was
not a best one, but it did seem appropriate at the time and circumstances.
I continue to care deeply for Lighthouse and always will as I daily
remember I am here, where I am, because of the services Lighthouse, and
especially Jeanine, Evelyn, Jim Breen, and Chip, and so many others made
available to me.

#4 This is not an excuse; it is real. I will always thank Barbara for
all she did for Lighthouse of the Big Bend. She definitely brought us
from near extinction to way beyond survival mode. She did everything and
more her resume, and our reasons for hearing her for her position
expected.

#5 In my opinion, the biggest fault lies with the board. Although it is
made up of excellent, good, dedicated, and well intentioned/ committed
people, it is time for a total change and probably oversight and direction
from an independent source.

Thank you for this opportunity to express my personal opinions. Norine