[tabi] Re: Tandem Bike Information

  • From: "Armington, Mycell" <Mycell.Armington@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:05:14 -0500

Hello Ashley and All,

Here's the announcement for the tandem ability ride again. Looking
forward to seeing you there.

Warm regards,

Mycell

Hi All,
    Sorry for the short notice for this year's Tandem Ability Ride
event.
Lean times but willing minds and even bodies that don't want to
cooperate but we press on you know. Thanks to our faithful sponsor,
Higherground Bicycle Company and Capital City Cyclists, the event has
been
scheduled for October 31st. As has become our tradition, we will meet at
the
upper level of Sears at Governor's Square Mall, (near the automotive
department) at 7:30 a.m. and plan to return by no later than 2:00 p.m.
We
will then car or van pool from Sears down to the New Port camp grounds.
You
will be responsible to get yourself to and from Sears.

    The registration fee for this year's event is $10.00. It will go
towards
transportation, light refreshment and water. Please make your check
payable
to Mycell Armington and send it to her at: 2006 Casa Linda Court
Tallahassee, FL  32303 no later than October 23rd.

Other things to remember:

When cycling a long distance please dress comfortably. For this event
bike shorts are extremely important as some of our veteran cyclist can
attest too! Bring a light jacket also in case the wind, like last year
gets gusty. Sunscreen and bug repellent are also important. Socks and
solid tennis shoes are important if you don't have biking shoes. If you
have them, biking gloves are also important to prevent blisters. If you
have a helmet please bring it or let me know you need one. No one rides
with out a helmet it is a safety requirement. We want you to have a
wonderful time and be safe also.

Below is a short registration form that can be cut and pasted back to me
so
I can quickly pass it on to our
other coordinators. Thank you so much for all your help and I very much
look
forward to seeing you on the cycling trail.

Warm regards,

Mycell Armington
Tandem Ability Ride Coordinator

Registration form:
Please fill in your answers.

Name:

Address:

Phone number:
(home)
(Cell)
(work)
(other)

Will you need transportation from Sears to the New Port Camp grounds or
the return trip?

Do you have a tandem bike?

Do you have a captain?

Do you have any other special needs?