[tabi] Tallahassee Council of the Blind Picnic 2014

  • From: "Sally Benjamin" <salbenjamin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:06:26 -0400

It's picnic time again for

Tallahassee Council of the Blind

And, you are invited!

Come join us on Saturday, September 13th at the home of Elizabeth and Frank
Bowden, located at 1919 Leone Drive. Our gathering will be from 11:00 a.m.
until 2:00 p.m. We will be having a variety of entrees including fried
chicken, rotisserie chicken, and hot dogs, along with assorted side dishes
and dessert.   Dinner is $7.00 per person, free for children under 12, and
will be served at 12 noon. If you're bringing food, remember to bring enough
to serve 20-25 people. Come prepared to take a dip in the pool. Children
must be accompanied by a parent and flotation device.

Remember, this is a fund raiser to help raise funds so that we can continue
our important advocacy and other outreach work. Bring your money, spirit of
fun and an empty stomach!

Please call Sally Benjamin at 850-877-1512 to make reservations or if you
need further directions. Advanced reservations are very much appreciated as
it helps in planning and reduces waste. We're looking forward to seeing you
there.  Come share in the feast, fellowship and fun!

If you are a member of TCB and would like to pay your dues at the picnic we
will be glad to accept them. If you are not a member but would like to
become one, they are $14.00 per year. The check can be made out to TCB.

Directions to the Bowden home are easy as pie and are below.

From the Apalachee Parkway/Capital Circle Southeast area:
1. Get on Capital Circle SE, heading north.

2.  Turn left on Miccosukee Road.

3.  Turn right at Blair Stone Road.

4.  Take the first right turn onto Leone Drive.

5.  1919 Leone will be on the right.

From the Thomasville Road/Capital Circle Northeast area:

1.  Get on Capital Circle NE, heading south.

2.  Take the loop at Centerville Road to the Blair Stone Road extension.

3.  Turn left onto Leone Drive.

4.  1919 Leone will be on the right.

From the downtown area:

1.  Get on Miccosukee Road or Mahan Road, whichever you're closest to.

2.  Turn left at Blair Stone Road.

3.  Take the first right turn onto Leone Drive.

4.  1919 Leone will be on the right.

Sally Benjamin

866-846-7380

volunteer@xxxxxxx <mailto:volunteer@xxxxxxx>