[tabi] Talking regular phone

  • From: "Elizabeth S. Bowden" <ebowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:08:06 -0400

I was visiting someone yesterday, and he showed me his phone that he researched
for use by the visually impaired, and purchased.  the phone is a Uniden 2998-2.
 phone has talking phonebook (that is, once you add someone, it will read the
list of names you have programmed in).  The programming is tricky but you can
do it using the caller id feature, and then go to the second option in the menu
which is add to phonebook.  There are three selections in that menu for adding
entries.  The caller id talks, and the numbers are announced when pressed
during dialing.  The phone comes with one base unit, and one portable.  The
cost is approximately $94.00 at best buy.  Though you probably could get a
better price on line.

Elizabeth Bowden
Technology Instructor
Lighthouse of the Big Bend