[tabi] Supervisor of Elections wants to move his office

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:19:23 -0400

Good evening Everyone,

I spoke with Commissioner Bob Rackleff this morning. He has asked for our assistance. It seems that Ion Sancho, the Supervisor of Elections wants to move his office from the current downtown location at 315 South Calhoun Street, Suite 110 to the old Circuit City building on Apalachee Parkway. The reason for the proposed move is to consolidate the administrative, warehouse and training branches of this office. The downside, aside from the cost is that the location is not accessible. There is 1 bus route that currently serves it as opposed to 26 routes at the current location.

This item will be discussed at the upcoming County Commissioner's meeting on Tuesday, September 22nd at 3:00 p.m. The meeting will be held on the 5th floor of the Courthouse. If you can attend, I would urge you to. In addition, you may email Ion Sancho, The Supervisor of Elections at ion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a copy to Bob Rackleff at bob.rackleff@xxxxxxxxx or you may call Mr. Sancho at 566-0930 to express your opinion regarding this move and its affect on accessibility. Should you wish to ask questions of Commissioner Rackleff, you may reach him at 212-5663.

Thank you.
Sila

P.S. If you know someone not on this list, will you please forward as appropriate to help spread the word?

"unsubscribe" in the subject.