[tabi] StarMetro Update

  • From: "Waterman, Brian" <Brian.Waterman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 13:12:50 +0000

To all of TABI listserv members,

It has been a while since we have provided an update on our activities here at
StarMetro. It is our goal to make this a regular occurrence.

1.      GoogleTransit - We are still working on providing this feature for you.
We ask for patience because it is a lengthy process.

2.      Smart Phone applications - We are in the final testing stage of an
IPhone/IOS trip planner application. This app will provide trip planning and
should provide estimated time of arrival at a bus stop based on the real time
feed. An Android app should be released first quarter 2015. We are also working
with our vendor to have the data feeds available to third party vendors for
specialty apps.

3.      Website Redesign - We are working to redesign our website to
incorporate upgrades to the Dial-A-Ride reservation system. The pages will be
re-formatted to be more compliant with screen reader devices. If there is any
content you would like to see on the website, please let us know.

4.      Raised Letter/Braille Plates - We have received the final batch of
braille plates from the vendor. These plates should be installed by the end of
October. Once completed, we will re-inventory our system, fill in the gaps with
our spares, and start adding single route plates at transfer points.

5.      Bus Stop Policy - Planning Division staff is currently updating
StarMetro's bus stop policy to provide more clear direction on stop placement,
stop amenities, and stop design. The goal of the policy is to provide more
consistency at bus stops. By being more consistent in where a stop is placed
and designed, customer service is improved, the system becomes more efficient,
and a clear prioritization list is provided for stop amenities.

6.      Operations - Starting this Saturday, all operators will be given a list
of stops to announce on each route.  This includes weekday, week-ends, nights
and campus.

As always, feel free to email us directly if you have any specific comments and
concerns.
Brian S. Waterman, AICP
Transit Planning Manager
StarMetro
Office: (850) 891-5564<tel:%28850%29%20891-5564>
Cell: (850) 339-9969<tel:%28850%29%20339-9969>