[tabi] Re: Star Metro strikes again.

  • From: "Robert Miller" <robertmiller2201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 14:30:24 -0400

He'll sure get my vote.

Maybe 15 minutes late isn't to bad but when it causes you to miss your next
connection and you have to wait 50 minutes for the next bus if there is one,
that is a big problem.  When Star Metro first lied about the 20 minute head
times and changed to 40 to 50 minute head times that basically meant the system
would never be reliable.  There is no mechanism for screw ups except shoving
inconvenience down the riders throat.  In most large cities that use this type
of system the busses run about ever 7 to tin minutes so if something happens,
it isn't such a big deal.  Apparently the city isn't willing to put the money
and man power in to a cross route system that would work.

Just look at Southwood. It wasn't an improvement for riders.  It was a way Star
Metro could save money.  Which is cheaper? use a full size bus to run the route
like it was in the beginning or Pay Big Bend to run a van from SouthWood to
connect with a pre-existing route at the Koger Center.  Sila use to be able to
catch the red hills bus near our house at 6-32 and get to work at 7-30.  If she
used the buss now, in order to get to work on time, she would have to catch the
bus at 5-45 and hope she made connections. If the city commissioners had to
ride the bus and leave there homes at 5-45 in the morning to get to work by
7-30, I bet they would do something about it.  They should have hung Ron
Garrison at city hall before he left town because he left us with a mess.

Robert