[tabi] Re: Quick notice

  • From: "Daniel ben Moshe" <danielbenmoshe1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:22:15 -0500

Very well put.  It's a sad situation to behold, but we allowed ourselves to
settle for promises, and the hope that things would get better.
Here are some of my thoughts on the matter.  We as a community constantly
allow the issues to get out in front of us.  In other words many of these so
called leaders come to us, when many of the issues have already been
decided.  They just hold these meetings, to inform us as to what they have
already decided long ago.  We have got to find a way to get out in front of
issues that are important to us, because if we don't.  We are going to wake
up one day, only tio                     find that much, or all of our
rights are gone.
Mutch of this is already happening while they placate us to no ends, while
setting up trips to woshington DC., and allowing us to be around during
ledgeslatave day at the capatil, and other events like that.  Many of our
leaders go to these gatherings, thinking that they are doing the coumunity
good, but what they are allowing themselves to become, is stool pidgens,
mutch like the uden rat during the holost arrer.
I think it's time to re think how we do things as a coumunity.  For example,
if we know that sertint businesses treat blind people wrong.  We shouldn't
be going and giving our hard erned money to them.  If these city and county
governments will not hear our voices, and have a respect for us as a group,
we need to think about running our own people to represent us.  And finally
we need to look at groups like the nfb, acb, or what ever organization that
is supposed to represent us to the fullest, and think about putting in
people who will do the job that we as a coumunity needs to be done.
For to long we have sat down and waited for others to do for us, it's time
for us to do for ourselves. Again I am calling on you college students, and
like minded Blind people to stand up, and to say enough, and to come and
lets put our heads together, and re think how we do things.  We have tried
this stuff the nice way, and what has it gotten us?  It's gotten us a 95
percent unployment rate, and the bus to the mall, in the end will run one
day a week, and in the suthern part of the state, they are being allowed to
discriminate in a huge way in housing, transportation, and other arias. Come
on my people, we are moving backwords, and not forwards.  We have lost
ground as a coumunity, and not gainedd. We have got to react, to a changing
wourld, that does not have us as a coumunity in mind.  Wake up and smell the
coffee, and lets do something, while we still can.
I would suggest a very noted Blind person to think this stuff through, and
lets start getting people together from all over to redetermen our futures,
in not only this state, but this country.