[tabi] Re: PLEASE make your voice heard re: Star Metro (850) 891-5283 or nova2010project@xxxxxxxxxx

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:45:03 -0400

I'm sorry, but I disagree completely, and I'm sorry your history is so
incomplete.

When we as a nation passed the civil rights legistlation, such as the civil
rights voting act, in the mid 60s, it was overwhelming disapproved of by the
popular vote.  that's right, the numbers were completely against it.

but our high courts, and eventually the supreme court, said the law is the
law, and we have to do it, and everyone was given the right to vote, and
"separate but equal" education was struck down, all at a time when the
population was dead set against.

and no one said "well, how many are we talking about" and, no one else said
"well, do you have the money to pay for this?"; because when the law says
you have to do it, then you've got to do it.

I'm sure Mr. Garrison understands this, but I believe he's trying to
distract the conversation away from that one fact by mentioning numbers that
themselves, if he's lucky, will cause a big debait, and everyone will forget
the obligation to the ADA.

I'm at home sick today, but I felt I had to answer at least this one
message.