[tabi] Re: NOVA experiences

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:42:14 -0400

Hi Adam,

I don't know if you own one of the GPS nav devices, but I've been asking
StarMetro first, to put their data on Google Transit (which would allow
Sendero to get at the bus stop locations and make them into points of
interest), and so help you find the stops if so.  They claimed they were
unable to do so, while literally hundreds of other cities are currently
doing so.

Next, I've asked them to just furnish us with a list of stops and GPS
coordinants, which I thought we could send to Sendero to see if they could
add them as POIs from such a text file.

With so many transfer points I could see a system like this would need some
sort of aid for blind travelers to help them find bus stops, but really have
had little support for this from either the blind community or Star Metro.
thanks for posting your story, as it really helps demonstrate the need for
some sort of solution for helping with transfers and finding stops.

Chip

  _____